• Compare DIY to professional moving services. Don’t instantly assume that moving yourself is going to be cheaper than hiring help. Collect three to four quotes from various moving
MOVING ON A BUDGET
Dated: January 16 2023
• Compare DIY to professional moving services. Don’t instantly assume that moving yourself is going to be cheaper than hiring help. Collect three to four quotes from various moving companies and compare that to the cost of the truck, dollies, moving pads, and compensation for friends and family who help. If it nets out to be about the same or just slightly different, consider the stress professional help could eliminate.
• Move in the off season. If you are flexible with your move at all, consider moving in the fall or winter. By scheduling your move in the off season, you could potential save up to 30 percent on hiring movers.
• Don’t pay for boxes. Hunt your office for leftover boxes from deliveries or post on social media to see if any family members or friends have extras hanging around the house. You should also check behind stores like Walmart for any discarded boxes or ask a customer service member in the evenings once new inventory has been stocked.
• Purge your home. Decrease the items you need to move by doing a full purge of your belongings. Move from room to room in your home and toss or donate anything that you haven’t used in a year. This will not only help make packing a breeze, but it eliminates unnecessary weight, which is generally used by movers to estimate cost.
I am a full time Realtor® assisting clients with the buying and selling process.....
Latest Blog Posts
Living with a smaller sized kitchen? Whether you’re planning a holiday gathering or simply cooking dinner with family, don’t let limited kitchen space inhibit your hosting and dining